Translate

Friday, August 16, 2013

Introduction

Introduction

Hello science enthusiasts! My name is Stephanie Stenger. I am a teaching candidate for Western Illinois University currently studying for my master's in biology and my education certification in 6-12 science. As part of my master's project, I am in the process of collecting and developing resources for teachers and students to use to better understand especially challenging topics in the Life Sciences. 


Currently, the focus of my resource gathering is in animal sciences (zoology), with my target population being Zoology 200 students at WIU. Despite this being the target population, nearly all of the resources will be made available for a robust set of individuals. Essentially, the purpose of my master's project is promote interest in learning Life Science and providing students with the tools and supplemental resources that may be necessary for success during their science studies. 

This blog is designed so that I can post a lot more "data" heavy information like images and video. The primary database for the resource collection I work on for Zoology 200 can be found at the WIU Science Teaching Center (Grades 5-14) web page under Zoology 200 WIU.  You may find that, over time - as the site becomes more developed - other topics on the
WIU Science Teaching Center (Grades 5-14) site will be very useful as well. 

With this blog and the resource collection, I hope to put together a large collection of resources that are available and accessible to students, teachers, and learners with a wide variety of needs. If there are any resources that you are particularly interested in or any modifications that you might require, please email me at my gmail account (smstenger), and I will try my best to address your needs. 


For every topic I gather resources for, I will try to ensure that there are audio, visual, and text components. Additionally, my goal is to include a variety of approaches to introducing the information with varying levels of difficulty for each topic. 


Please note, this is in infancy, but will continue to grow over the coming months. Additionally, not all resources will be included in these blogs, but all of the resources in these blogs and the other resources collected WILL be included on the WIU Science Teaching Center (Grades 5-14) web page.

Finally, for WIU Zoology 200 students, I also offer tutoring, if 1-on-1 and small group studying works for you. Please refer to your professor and the western online web page for the course for my hours and location.  

Always remember, as Albert Einstein said: "The important thing is not to stop questioning, not to stop research!" My wish is that this project helps you find the answers you seek to your life science questions.


Happy Learning,


Stephanie M. Stenger

No comments:

Post a Comment